WAGNON - GAMBLIN GENEALOGY
We are still searching for the parents of William Selvidge at the present time. Anyone out there know anything? We also welcome any and all Selvidge family information. Let us hear from you.
Descendants of William Selvidge
Generation No. 1
1. William1 Selvidge was born 1815 in TN, USA. He married Elizabeth 1840 in MO, USA.
Children of William Selvidge and Elizabeth are:
Generation No. 2
- + 2 i. Joseph Dodson2 Selvidge, born 1840 in TN, USA; died 23 May 1889 in Bradleyville, Taney Co., MO, USA.
- 3 ii. John C. Selvidge, born 1841 in TN, USA.
- 4 iii. Robert A. Selvidge, born 1844 in MO, USA.
- 5 iv. P. J. Selvidge, born 1846 in TN, USA.
- 6 v. William S. Selvidge, born 1847 in MO, USA.
- 7 vi. Alfred E. Selvidge, born 1849 in MO, USA.
- 8 vii. Margaret L. Selvidge, born 1854 in MO, USA.
- 9 viii. Julia E. Selvidge, born 1857 in MO, USA.
- 10 ix. Pleasant A. Selvidge, born 1835.
- 11 x. George W. Selvidge, born 1838.
- 12 xi. Sarah A. Selvidge, born 1845.
2. Joseph Dodson2 Selvidge (William1) was born 1840 in TN, USA, and died 23 May 1889 in Bradleyville, Taney Co., MO, USA. He married Martha E. Craft, daughter of James Craft and Rebecca Essary.
Notes for Joseph Dodson Selvidge:
Joseph Dodson Selvidge served in the Union Army during the War between the States. He was a private in
Company B, Phelps Regiment, Missiuri Volunteers. he enlisted 5 September 1861 and was discharged 9
April 1862. Martha E. Selvidge applied for a widows pension and it was granted. She had minor children.
Children of Joseph Selvidge and Martha Craft are:
- 13 i. Sarah3 Selvidge.
- 14 ii. Julia E. Selvidge, born June 1870 in MO, USA. She married John Medcalf.
- 15 iii. William L. Selvidge, born July 1874 in MO, USA.
- 16 iv. James J. Selvidge, born October 1879 in MO, USA.
- + 17 v. Martha E. Selvidge, born 28 February 1883 in Brownbranch, Taney Co., MO, USA; died 16
January 1911 in Duncan, Stephens Co., OK, USA.
- 18 vi. Joseph J. Selvidge, born March 1886 in MO, USA.
Generation No. 3
17. Martha E.3 Selvidge (Joseph Dodson2, William1) was born 28 February 1883 in Brownbranch, Taney Co., MO, USA, and died 16 January 1911 in Duncan, Stephens Co., OK, USA. She married George Thomas Gamblin.in Muskogee, Okfuskee Co., OK, USA, son of Joseph Gamblin and Mahala Harris.
Children of Martha Selvidge and George Gamblin are:
- 19 i. Brooksie4 Gamblin, born 21 April 1897 in Brownbranch, Taney Co., MO, USA; died 19 December 1979 in Duncan, Stephens Co., OK, USA. She married Louis Tomecek.
- 20 ii. Clara Roxie Gamblin, born 14 December 1898 in Brownbranch, Taney Co., MO, USA; died 3 November 1985 in Duncan, Stephens Co., OK, USA. She married William Lindsey Wallace
1921 in TX, USA.
- 21 iii. Leo Earl Gamblin, born 4 February 1904 in Okeema, OK, USA; died 4 April 1984 in Duncan, Stephens Co., OK, USA. He married (1) Grace Oklahoma Johnson 4 February 1944 in OK,
USA. He married (2) Mildred Pearl Teague 26 January 1952 in Wichita Falls, TX, USA.
Notes for Leo Earl Gamblin:
Earl Gamblin was buried in the Duncan Cemetery under the direction of Don Grantham Funeral
Home after a funeral at the funeral Home with the Rev. Charles Stroud officiating. Palbearers
were: Troy Boice, Don Boice, Paul Wagnon, Kris Boice, Caleb House and Gary Pollock.
22 iv. George Bearl Gamblin, born 14 October 1908 in Duncan, Stephens Co., OK, USA; died 16 June 1975 in Duncan, Stephens Co., OK, USA. He married (1) Norene Altis Martin 1927 in Duncan,
Stephens Co., OK, USA. He married (2) Christina Cordelia Elledge 6 February 1932 in Lawton,
Comanche Co., OK, USA.
| Home Page |
Links Page |
Query Page |
E/mail Us At: email@example.com
Copyright 1997 Paul & Ramona Wagnon
All Rights Reserved - Please Do Not Copy Any Images or Text without Permission
Printing Pages for Personal Use Acceptable